Monday, October 24, 2011

Yay Paleo Challenge!


It's funny how paleo challenges always kick start my blog back up even though I'm not participating in the actual challenge. Started going paleo again (with a few cheat meals sprinkled here and there) about 4 weeks ago but since everyone's getting in on the challenge this time around, I thought I'd join in the fun. Besides, I could probably use a bit more discipline sometimes.
As I've blogged about before, I'm not cutting out all my dairy or salt or carbs. I eat butter, salty bacon from Meadow Haven Farms, and squash (butternut, delicata, whatever we get from Granor Farms... including the little bits of potato). To minimize the risk of us eating out (our real goal is to eat at home as much as possible), we do incorporate a bit of basmati rice into maybe a meal or two a week (hey, it's good with curry!). One thing that we can probably do better is to watch our portions... it got a little out of hand over the summer.
Anyways, happy as always to have challengers on board the paleo wagon, old and new. Hope you find this blog helpful.

Weight: 122.5#
Deadhangs (over-grip): 3 (YAY!)
HSPU (2 ab mat... might be closer to 2.5 since I had 1 ab mat and a pillow): 11 (okay, I feel like it had to be closer to 2.5).
I did attempt a 1 ab mat HSPU and I got a big fat zero.

Quick note on the HSPU... I've been avoiding these due to wrist pain. Given that I've been off CF for 5 weeks due to ankle, I was able to crank out 11 of these before I started feeling something in the left wrist.

1 comment:

  1. That's okay you don't need to be in the challenge to be in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete