Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Back on the (blogging) wagon?

From Kicking Horse Mountain Resort March 13-20, 2010

I've had a history of leaving posts behind but once in a while, I'll have something to blab about :)

It's been a while since my last blog because I've fallen off the wagon a bit. Ever since the Paleo+ challenge ended, I've been a little looser on the diet than I'd like to be honest. I mean, I'm enjoying what I'm eating but know I will feel like crap afterwards (but I still do it sigh). One thing especially is the increased intake of beer haha. I love my craft beer and I know it's the absolute worst thing you can drink but I love it anyway!
Here is a list of craft beers I had while on vacation:
Mt Begbie Powerhouse Pale Ale
Unibroue La Fin Du Monde
Unibroue Efemere
Granville Island Maple Cream Ale
Big Rock Grasshopper Wheat Ale
Steamwhistle Pilsner
Wild Rose WRaspberry Ale

I love vacation! I love the Canadian Rockies and I do totally miss Canada. Snowboarding was a blast! Doing a handstand with about 7 lbs of clothing/boots was fun haha... took about 5 attempts!

The hip is recovering... slowly but surely. My PT says it's almost there... that the only pain I'm still experiencing is where the muscle attaches to the bone. I think he said it's the sartorius muscle that's still inflamed although I am still experiencing some soreness in my piriformis too. I really need to take a biology class.

A new injury I am experiencing is my left shoulder. I don't know if I fell on it or slept on it funny but it's been over a week and it's still tender and weak. I went for a massage over the weekend and definitely felt serious differences b/t my shoulders when pressure was applied. I had my PT check it out and he thinks I strained my rotator cuff. Recommended that I get a massage in a week to get it fixed up. No weight on it for a week to see how it goes. He even said to lay off it even if it doesn't feel like it's hurting (he cited working the traps - think HPCs - as an example). My massage therapist said no heat difference b/t my shoulders and that was good. Will probably be back in there in a week.

Only went to CFC once last week on Tuesday (5 rounds of 25 sit ups / 25 back ext in 11:10) and my back had been sore for a few days. Sucks getting old as I feel like everything is taking longer to recover and with all this PT and MT, the costs are piling up!

My hope is to get back on the wagon soon. I'm cleaning up my weekday eating again and I'm hoping to get back to the box 3x a week.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! You and that husband of yours!!! Let's get the fam back to healthy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to see you in here again soon

    ReplyDelete