Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Between the Chungs...

... we have one fully functional body.

My arms, traps are super sore from Sunday's WOD.
My hip, left wrist are still recovering.
JJ's back, right wrist are still recovering.

Last weekend was JJ's birthday so we cheated a little bit. Peruvian food where our main dish was paella. We threw down some beers. Ate some sandwiches (with bread!). Lattes. Coconut custard cake from Metropolish. Delish.

In the week now so back at eating paleo. Been good this week so far!

Sunday's WOD:
5 rounds of:
10 pullups
20 HPCs at 45#
10 push presses at 45#
Just under 15min.

First round of pullups unbroken AND the second round was only broken once. I think my pullup endurance is finally coming along although today, 3 days after that WOD, I still can't straighten my arms without pain. Strange.
Also got a popped blood blister... boo
HPCs felt good considering it was my first time in months. No pain on hip. My traps are still killing me today.
Tried a push jerk but my hip just isn't ready for that yet so stuck with the push presses.

500m row after using minimal lower body: 2:16


Tuesday's WOD
5 rounds of
20 bench presses at 40#
Jog 2 hallway lengths
8:34

Bench presses were unbroken in first round. Broke up once in second round. Then started to go downhill from there. Worked hard to fight through 3. Muscles just failing at that point.
Good to jog down hallway and get moving!

2 x 500m row (2:11, 2:16). Just love jumping on the rower!

3 x 10 back extensions. Want to strengthen back since that movement causes no hip pain.

Tripped on the boards downstairs. That was not good for my hip :(

Back at PT today!

No comments:

Post a Comment