Thursday, April 1, 2010

Where oh where did my double unders go?

I hurt my hip mid January. Man, has my cardio gone!
Today, I did 200 double unders... in 6:06!!!
I think I cracked 100 around 2 or 2:30 but I'm not certain. 6:06 isn't a time I am happy with but I suppose it's somewhere to start after being off for all that time!
I did this outside, in the wind! I need to work with my rope so that when I get back on the speed rope, they will go fast.

I also did some sprints and I'm happy to report: no hip pain! It's still controlled and I'm not as strong as before but yay! Finally! Next challenge: jumping?

... but... shoulder still sucks. My massage therapist last week said that I should see him again if it wasn't better by Wednesday, the latest. It's Thursday and it's not better. I'm thinking I should go see a real doctor but I'm a little hesitant to commit to more PT, especially just after the whole hip therapy. I can't decide what I need... more massages or just PT? More exercises? Aaaah I don't know!

JJ and I took a nice walk after he watched me grind through the 200 DUs and the sprints. We grabbed some food and I was happy that I turned down lots of bad food (pizza, wings, crepes, empanadas) and opted for something pretty decent at Sultan's Market. No real desire for a cheat meal... I know I have one coming on Monday!!

1 comment:

  1. Yaaaay!!! Can't wait for our Monday cheat! I'll be good until then if you will :)

    ReplyDelete