Friday, April 16, 2010

2nd day yay

Got progressively more sore throughout the day but was pretty determined to get to the box today. Back squat day so was a bit nervous but probably good day to test out that hip.

1 back squat @ 53#.
No go. I think it has to be the angle or wherever it sits on my back.

5 rounds of 10 ring rows (purple band) / 20 WBs (6#) + stairs!
7:33

I was on the fence about going unbanded on the ring rows but Derek was worried that I would lose control if I got tired so I added the purple band. Probably a little too easy but no need to wreck my shoulder in case. Next time, I should probably give a few rounds without a band but have a band ready in case.

WBs were surprisingly good. Adam said I had pretty good depth and I experienced no hip pain which is fantastic. We'll see what happens when I move on to the 8#.

My legs feel like jello from yesterday and today. It amuses me how weak my legs and butt and hips feel. I walk gingerly and everything is just tightening up right now. The lower calves from running yesterday are also catching up. Legs need some rest tomorrow.

I haven't used the big bar for pullups yet and frankly, I'm a bit nervous about it. Everyone seems to be ripping and ALL my calluses are gone after a 2 month hiatus. Well, it's not like I can worry about it consider my shoulder is in no condition to be hanging off a bar but will have to cross that bridge one of these days...

1 comment:

  1. Don't be scared of the big bar!!! You get used to it. Glad to hear you're getting back to 100%!

    ReplyDelete