Monday, April 12, 2010

Last day of hip PT but...

I am in the process of fixing myself... today, was the shoulder's turn.
Went to see the doc and guess who I see in the waiting room... Emily! She was in for her knee. Hope it went well with her.

Diagnosis: no rotator cuff tear (good news) but I have some "internal impingement"
(whatever that means) that will require some PT to fix.
RX: PT 3x a week for six weeks! My PT said that we can probably do 2x a week for four weeks so we'll see how progress goes.
Recommended exercises: range of motion, strengthening, post capsule stretching, scapular stability

Supposedly, if it's not better after that, then I'm supposed to see the doctors again.

Today was the last day of my hip PT, all 8 weeks of it. I am 95% of the way there and my last session proved it.
Ran 0.5 miles on the treadmill
2 sets of 15 step-ups (18" box) with 8lb weights
2 sets of 10: with left leg, hop on bosu ball, hop off, jump left, then right (then right then left). Good lateral movements for my hip.
2 sets of 15 box jumps (18"). Felt pretty good. He says I'm landing too hard and that I need to absorb more.
2 sets of 15 "reverse lunges"
2 sets of 15 "rose wall slides" (I'm supposed to continue to do this to strengthen those side glute/hip muscles - also need to continue to do clams)
Some active stretches, monster walks, etc.

Pretty decent workout actually. Cardio is shot b/c I got pretty winded doing some of that stuff.

Bits of cheating here and there last week and this past weekend. It's Monday so time to get weekday clean eating back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment