Thursday, April 22, 2010

Shoulder

Yesterday, I went to my first PT session for my shoulder. The PT screened me and agreed with the diagnosis of shoulder impingement. He took a video of me lifting my arms out from my sides and it is noticeable that my left trap is compensating for my delinquent shoulder muscles. I have a pretty hard knot in my left trap as a result of it too.
I took a video of it last night and I'll post to show what I'm talking about. I get significant pain in the shoulder right when my arm passes shoulder level. The pain only shows up when the shoulder is active. When the PT moved my arm around in all directions but I was relaxed, everything was fine. Even after having worked on my shoulder, it still gets stuck in the same position, which didn't seem like what the PT was expecting.

Not sure if my shoulder can handle Murph pullups so I'm probably a tentative on that. I was looking to forward to getting healthy for the WCCF lifting meet but I'm going to be out of town that day. It was funny that in the winter, I was trying to get under the 58kg weight class but now, I might make it under the 53kg weight class! Not that it matters since I'm going to be out of town. Just isn't meant to be...

Get to work today and the network is down. Can't do any work for now haha. Guess I get to surf/read stuff online guilt free for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment