Thursday, April 22, 2010

Clean it

First time in this week... been busy with PT and in-laws too so didn't get to make it in like I wanted. Nice 7pm class today... all three of us!
Hip is holding up pretty good but shoulder was feeling pretty crappy all day, probably because of the PT from yesterday. The stretches the PT gave me just doesn't seem to be getting where it hurts... and I'm not sure whether that's the goal or not. Oh well.
Bryce suggested I find a one rep max squat clean. I haven't squat cleaned in a long time b/c of the hip. I also don't think I officially found my 1 rep max but I did one at 95# on Jan 9. I didn't have a game plan going into this since I thought I'd just play around and see how the joints all felt.
I'm glad Chris stopped me before I started and suggested I warm up with the bar. Haha I almost just went for it but the warm up was a good idea: down and up, hang power clean, power clean, squat clean. After that, I went for 53# which felt good. Then I went for 83# which felt pretty good too although the heavier it got, I started to forget to explode through the hips. Have to work on that. Chris said my form was looking pretty good so I was happy with that. Then, for whatever reason, I loaded the bar at 103#. I mean, the 83# felt good but given that I didn't remember doing a 100# clean in a long time, not sure why I attempted it. Good news is that I think I can get it... just need to use those hips and get under the bar faster. Not having my lifting shoes got to my head.

Metcon @ 63# 6:22
10 power cleans / 50 double unders
8 power cleans / 40 double unders
6 power cleans / 30 double unders
4 power cleans / 20 double unders
2 power cleans / 10 double unders

Took a while to get into a good rhythm for DUs but did manage strings of 20+ in there which was good for me in a metcon. First 10 PCs were unbroken but I got pretty tired in the round of 6 when Rudy reminded me to use the hips. I tend to pull with my arms when I get tired which seems counter-intuitive. Gotta work on that.

Tomorrow's WOD looks fun but I have PT. Maybe I'll get in a run or CFE WOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment