Friday, July 30, 2010

Inspiration


I'll have to admit that working out through injuries isn't something I'm good at. I never am sure if I'm subbing the right thing and I was pretty discouraged that I couldn't do something more. I attended Rudy's shoulder seminar and he assured everyone in attendance that "it's okay"... something I really needed to hear.
In the weeks that followed, I tried to get back to the box but realized that I had been gone for so long that my body pretty much got destroyed and took me a week to recover. Then, another week passes of not wanting to go. I was in a pretty bad rut and I started letting myself eat a little more badly too.
Ever since the beginning of July, I think I'm starting to wake up and realize that the rut was spreading into all important areas of my life: personal life, work life, crossfit life. I became a lazy ass with no motivation. But somehow, the world recognizes that you mentally hit rock bottom and I got a serious kick in the ass in each of those aspects of my life.
Today, I feel a lot better... feeling like I got a part of myself back and at least, the path seems a bit clearer. The trip to see the CF Games and the days I had by myself to roam the Santa Monica mountains was the last piece of inspiration I needed and the two days back at the box this week so far has been a personal gain for me.

I feel like this time, I'm back for real and it's about time I'm getting my act together. Lesson learned: take it easy and be confident that slow and steady can make headway. Be patient. Take baby steps.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME! Welcome back. We all need sometime off to get a better perspective on what we really need.

    ReplyDelete