Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Burning quads

Ow... hurting after a double tabata on the rower!
Round 1: 84/83/82/80/80/80/80/80 = 649m
Round 2: 81/81/80/78/78/77/79/80 = 632m
3 min rest in between

84m: 1:59 pace at 34s/m. The 77m was a 2:10 pace at 27s/m. The rest were pretty much hovering 2:05 pace at 30s/m.

Tuesday's WOD: 5 rounds and 15 pwb (10# WB, red band pullups)
Adam pointed out the red band was getting too easy for me. It's probably true but the goal is to make it in consistently and stay injury free. I definitely like PWBs over regular WBs... that would only change if I grew a few inches!
Also, happy to press 65# yesterday. 70#, a former PR, was close but I didn't do my sets properly so I tired myself out early.

Oh and I never posted about last week's WOD but notably, I did Jackie for the first time. It is probably one of the WODs I hate the most since it includes everything I suck at (row, thrusters, and pullups). I did it in 12:24. Haha... 4:40 on the 1K row! Damn I'm slow!

Watching the CFCers get after Open WOD 1 on Saturday was so much fun. Over the past few days, I thought a lot about getting in on the action but I am coming back from a 3 month hiatus and all I want is just to get in consistently and focus on getting stronger and staying injury free, and taking it one WOD at a time. I think it's the right choice to skip the Open this year since I seem to be injury prone when I'm not careful. However, I will do my best to try to make it in on Tuesday nights to get after the Open WODs with everyone else. Baby steps! Haha okay, I am done rambling for now. Looking forward to making up today's WOD tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Double tabata row? Yikes! :) Welcome back :) I'm positive you'll be back right where you want to be in no time. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete