Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Toast

Man, I'm sore. First two in a row again and I really felt that fatigue. I don't think my triceps have fully recovered from last week's push up WOD yet but they're finally not too painful to roll out with a lacrosse ball. Damn. Today, my traps are super sore from those super fast HPCs on Monday! Good thing I have my trusty lacrosse ball here at work with me!

Monday's WOD
BS 5RM: 120#
Metcon: 4:56 (40# HPC, 6# WB)

Apparently, the last time I have a recorded BS 5RM was from 8/24/09 at 105#. I'm not exactly sure how comparable it is. 120# was rough on the 5th rep but thanks to Val and Megan, I got through it. That Metcon sprint was fun but even at a 6# WB, I still hate that movement. The cool thing is that I felt like my cardio and muscle strength was around the same... they both fell apart around 3:30.

Tuesday's WOD
Deadhangs: 0/5/5/4/3 (0 was my attempt without a band. remaining with red)
HSPUs on box: 5/5/5/4/4

I have a DH but I really have to be fresh to be able to do one. I was nowhere near fresh though...

Metcon: 11:59 (Jerks at 55#, 1 pood KBS)
Post: 2x500m: 2:22/2:19

I walked into this WOD with super sore traps so the goal was not to put the bar down on the jerks so I wouldn't have to clean the damn thing again. Success! I really fought hard to not put the bar down in the last two rounds. Thanks to Kurt coaching my breathing, I was able to make it through but man, I couldn't help but take those hyperventilating breaths to match the speed of KBSes. Burpees were consistently slow but unbroken. Broken once on the KBSes at each of the last two rounds.

Traps feel destroyed this morning. If it wasn't for that, I'd totally come in to do WOD 11.2 with everyone else but given that and also with my triceps still recovering, I guess I should wait one more day.

No comments:

Post a Comment