Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lollapalooza weekend

I had high hopes about coming into the box Sunday morning to make up the Olympic Total from Friday but I just couldn't get up Sunday morning and opted for more sleep.
Anyway, my total from the 7/9 WCCF weightlifting week was:
Snatch: 81#
C&J: 121#
Total: 202#

Lollapalooza was fun but I am getting too old for the sweaty mess of crowds. Sunday was my favourite day, topped off with a phenomenal Foo Fighters set. I've been listening to them for 10+ years and the last time I saw them (also 10+ years ago), they were terrible. Not only were they amazing at Lollapalooza but coupled with the torrential downpour, I had one of my most cathartic experiences ever.

I'm a new day rising
I'm a brand new sky
To hang the stars upon tonight
I'm a little divided
Do I stay or run away
And leave it all behind?

It's times like these you learn to live again
It's times like these you give and give again
It's times like these you learn to love again
It's times like these time and time again

No comments:

Post a Comment