Monday, August 29, 2011

8/24-29

After FOUR days off to rest up my quads, they finally felt ready to work out again despite some lingering soreness. Seriously needed some mobility work on the hips before I took on Wednesday's WOD
Pre: 15 min of hip warm up that I reeeeally needed.

Power Clean 4×3 @ 95#
Worked on form a little more since I am still not coming in contact with mid-thigh. Kurt’s tip to stay in heels a little longer during the pull was helpful.

Metcon with 9 pull-ups/9 plyo push-ups on knees: 15:20
Sucking wind halfway through third row... pace dropped off pretty bad. Need to get back on that rower at home and do intervals, possibly once a week.

Post – Pendlay Row 2×8 at 42#, 2×8 at 45#
PostPost – 1 strict ring dip!

Monday's WOD on Thursday
OHS 65(5)-75(5)-85(5)-95(5)-100(3)
Hmm... I wonder what my 1RM is...

Metcon @ 55#, 24″ box: 18 through all 10 rounds
My goal was to stay pretty consistent through all the rounds. I had like 3 seconds left in a few rounds... just not enough to pick up the bar for another snatch and I had a couple of rounds where time was up after I clapped on my last burpee.

Post: 3×5 deadhangs with red band. Lats were complaining so I stopped.


Topped off the week with a 20+ mile bike ride from Morton Grove to the Botanic Gardens along the Chicago North Branch Trail on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment