Tuesday, August 14, 2012

New stuff to work on



Cycle 2 Week 3: Back Squat 1RM + 5%
5 reps @ 40% (65#)
5 reps @ 50% (80#)
3 reps @ 60% (95#)
5 reps @ 75% (120#)
3 reps @ 85% (135#)
1+ reps @ 95% (150#): 3 reps

Metcon: 10 min AMRAP of 6 pistols (3 per leg) / 12 sit ups
8 rounds + 3 pistols

Post: 3 x 6 push ups
Post-post: Attempted throwing a 20# WB to the 10ft mark and attempted a one-arm hand stand. New goals!

Squats were only okay today. I tried really hard to get a fourth rep but after hanging out at the bottom for way too long, I just couldn't stand up with the weight.
AMRAP was fun. I did pistols in a WOD for the first time. I tried my best to make them all legit but I'm sure I didn't quite get depth on a few. I also re-did quite a few because I fell over. Did these in weightlifting shoes for added stability.
I'm pretty close to the 10ft mark for that 20# WB but it's not quite there. Work on explosiveness.
I can finally lift one hand off the ground, both sides. Need to figure out balance to get that hand stand on one arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment