Wednesday, April 20, 2011

4/11-4/15

Unbroken WOD
FS 3×5 at 100#. Based off of prior week's FS 1RM of 120#. I think I've built up back enough strength so that the 1RM has gone up but working with this and focus on activating glutes.

Metcon: DNF (4 rounds + 16 WB)
6 blue banded pullups (probably should have done all 10)
20 WB at 6# (unbroken but should have gone up to the 10#er and scaled the reps)
10 DUs (a mess… was shooting for 20).

Was really about going unbroken so I scaled it a bit too far. The DUs were just a mess this week and I never strung more than 10 together. This was quickly turning into a DU/burpee WOD as I had unimaginable trouble getting to a string of 10 in the FIRST round! Very uncharacteristic of me since I can actually string 30 DUs together fresh.
So what happened? I let the short rope get to me mentally. I wasn't jumping high enough, the cycles weren't the right rhythm and I just got really frustrated. So I bought a brand new rope and I can't wait to try it out.

Lots of burpees
4 Rounds of ring rows, 3 rounds of clapping knee push ups. Skipped 4th round due to skinned knees (a week later, the scab is STILL there and the left one keeps reopening... yuck).

Metcon: 17:57 at 55# (50% of squat clean 1RM), 16″ box
I was not looking forward this but goals were no DNF and no breaks on the burpees. Happy to achieve both so a nice small redemption from Monday. The row was better than expected too. Still feeling the shin muscle soreness here so I wasn't quite able to string them.

Max
BP 3×5: 55-60-65. I could have done more weight but I didn't really push it.

5 min of max cal row: 66
7 min to find max jerk: 105
Total: 171

This was so much more fun than I expected. I was pretty happy with the row. Jerk progression: 65-85-105-125(fx2). I have a fear of getting under the bar when the weight gets heavy. I pulled the 125 plenty high enough but I just couldn't get under it. JJ said I basically bailed before I gave the lock out a real shot. 125 is definitely possible. I just need to practice bailing the bar behind me or jerk the bar from behind my back more often.

Post – 20 ring dips with a red band. Shoulders were done.

I skipped 11.4 because I didn't really want to do more burpees oops. I do need to work on some OHSes though.

No comments:

Post a Comment