Thursday, April 7, 2011

Another 2 in 2 days :)

Happy about how my Metcon and strength are making its way back. Slow and steady!

Monday's WOD
BS 3×3 @ 120# (weight = 100% of 5RM from prior week)
Metcon: 7:47 (60# C&J, red band pullups)

Really happy that the 120# felt light but need to note that hips felt sore the next day so it was probably good that I didn't use anything heavier. The C&Js were fun! I might have gone too light... Pullups took up most of my time as usual.

Tuesday's WOD
Rope climb footwork practice
DUs not clicking
Metcon as rx: 14:43

Getting to the gym, I had no idea whether I wanted to do Tuesday's or 11.3 but Randy was going around asking and recommended Tuesday's and boy was I glad! I think my hips wouldn't have been able to handle heavy C&Js given that I just did BSes the day before.
Also, there aren't a lot of WODs where I get to go RX so it was kind of nice to say that I did this RX haha! I had a goal of 15 min and I came in just under that so I was pretty happy. The rows were slow but they are already feeling than 4 weeks ago so that's another small victory. First row hovered around 2:12 pace. Last row was anywhere from 2:05-2:22.
I also almost burst out laughing when Rudy started yelling at me to get back onto TTB just because he yelled it so loud in the funniest way possible. If my abs weren't going crazy, I might have been able to laugh! Good nudging from Randy to chip away at those TTBs too!

Post – YTWL positions. Set 1 with no weight. Remaining with 2.5# per arm. The L was hard for my left shoulder. All other positions felt solid. Need to do more exercises on that weak left shoulder!

I want to do 11.3 sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment