Tuesday, April 26, 2011

4/18-4/22

Monday Chipper
FS 3x2 @ 110# (ran out of time for third set but 110 felt good)
Metcon: 33:59
(6# WB, knee push ups, red band pull ups, HSPUs with 2 ab mats for two reps and then went to 3 ab mats)
This destroyed any squatting muscles I have. So much volume! I couldn't squat without soreness until Friday!

Tuesday's WOD
Made this up on Thursday instead of 11.5 since I couldn't squat without pain and therefore, no wallballs. Also skipped the snatch work too.

Metcon at 80#: 7:00
Lost some time when my rope broke after the first 20 (unbroken) DUs. Got tripped up a bit in the 40 and 30 round but stayed unbroken on the 20 and 10 DU rounds. 80# felt right for today but it's not too heavy for me in general. I feel like I redeemed myself a bit from the DU disaster last week.

Post: some TTB kip work to get the rhythm down. Good practice with the gang.

Friday!
BP: Worked on form with the bar and then 53#. Got in one set at 63# before I re-tweaked my neck/shoulder/back just getting set on the bench. Sigh.

Metcon at 50#: 6:38
Burpees unbroken. I redid the last two PPs because Kurt called me out on my push jerks. It wasn't that 50# was heavy... I just got lazy as I got fatigued.

Post: JM presses with a 20# bar. Start from locked out bench position. Lower bar to eye level and press bar up to lock out bench position. Good lower tricep work. Nice and sore for a day and a half there!

Also threw in some kip work (pullups and ttbs) at the end. Got that ttb rhythm down!

1 comment:

  1. great work, donna! your consistency is inspiring for me to keep at it!

    ReplyDelete