Monday, May 2, 2011

4/25-4/29

Monday
2 sets only (ran out of time on the third but needed to save something for the metcon):
5 pistols/leg (holding red band for first, then to 20″ box for the second... a little too easy)
10 deadhangs (red band for first, then blue band for second... tough)
20 push ups on knees (watch out for worming)

Metcon: DNF (9 rds + 7 KBS) at 70# PJ, 44# KBS
Rope broke again! KBSes destroyed my forearms and made the PJs so much harder. I just couldn’t get through that last round of KBSes or I would’ve been home free with those last 12 DUs. Another 30 seconds and I would have gotten it!
Kurt's advice was to fight to get external rotation (elbows out) for a safer overhead lift.

Post – No arms left.

Tuesday CFCE at home
4min/2min/1min/2min/4min
891/452/224/438/866 (Total = 2871m)

11.6
I had it in my head that I was going to do unbanded kipping regular pullups. I was ready to give them a whirl!
Completed the round of 12 plus 12 thrusters at 55#

I wanted to go 65# but a little too nervous about it so I checked that ego and went with 55#. I think that was the right weight for me in retrospect. I don't have a record of doing thrusters in a WOD using more than 53# so that made me really happy! Oh, and those unbanded pullups felt really. Pretty broken but that's okay! Rx'ed Fran, here I come!

Much thanks to JJ for helping me through this!

Olympic Snatch 1RM
Snatch 1RM: 75# (80# fx5+)
I need to work on a few things... first, I need to get used that kind of weight on my shoulders in a snatch grip so I need to work on things like OHS and snatch balance. 75# went up real easy but my form totally broke down at 80#. Things to note:
- Finish my pull and fully open hips
- Stack bar a little more behind instead of chasing it out front
- A slightly wider grip than I had been using

No comments:

Post a Comment