Thursday, May 19, 2011

5/16-18

Monday
FS 3×5 at 105#

Metcon: 8 rds + 1 ring dip (75#, purple band, 20″ box)
PCs on the light side, ring dips on the tough side. No breaks going into the movements (pick up the bar right away, jump on the box right away, a little more time fussing with the band on the dips though) which was the goal! Good mental goal as this breathing thing is something I need to work on while I move in order to reduce the amount of time I spend catching my breath during Fran.

Post – 3 x 6/leg with 15#/25#/25# dbs
Then, 10 GHD sit ups and 10 back extensions just to ease back into these.

Three days later, my pecs are still really sore from the ring dips but I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Guess I need to do more ring dips!
Wednesday I couldn't make it to the box so I made up last Friday's WOD from home.
Metcon rx’ed (1 pood): 16:50 (3:31/4:11/4:33/4:34)
Squats 20/10-10/5-5-5-5/5-5-5-5. KBS 20/20/10-10/13-7. Runs felt really slow. May have been slightly over 400m.
Shin splints showing up from runs and box jumps. Not sure what I'm doing differently as I've never experienced this before.

Parents in town through the weekend. I am hoping to make it to the box at least once in that time but probably unlikely :(

4 comments:

  1. Not sure if I heard it right but I kinda remember Bryce telling me about heel striking and arch support causing shin splints?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sure I am not heel striking on box jumps or the runs. I think I just have ankle strength issues possibly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pecs were sore from those damn ring dips too!

    Most shin splints are a result of weakness. Research anterior tibialis strengthening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my pecs and arms are always super sore after ring dips. in fact they are today... since i did a bunch of them. ouch!

    ReplyDelete