Wednesday, May 11, 2011

5/9-5/11

Monday: variation on an old WOD
5 rounds of 400m run / 25 squats: 14:18
1:56/2:09/2:06/2:18/1:56
:39/:43/:51/:47/:49
Wanted more running so halved the squats per round and upped the number of rounds. Not sure what happened to that fourth run there...

Tuesday, another beautiful afternoon! Went for a 30 min bike ride at a leisurely pace. Went about 4 miles.

Wednesday's was one I really wanted to do so I went to the gym despite my sore calves from Monday's run.
Pre-wod, I got in 2 consecutive deadhangs (over grip)! :)

Press 3×3 at 55# (I didn’t want to go too heavy in case I lost form… I tend to tweak something when I do that).

Metcon at 65#: 10:12
DLs unbroken. First 10 push ups on toes, remaining on knees. PCs were singles in round 2, elbows tend to cave in when tired. Burpees unbroken.
PS form was not so good… failed the first two snatches but good cues from Kurt to get back on track (thanks!). HSPUs to 2 ab mats… rough but I’m happy with that since it’s been a while since I’ve done 2 ab mats in a WOD. Cues from Kurt to split the floor as opposed to pushing off it was helpful, especially at the end.
Most of my time was spent at the PS and HSPUs. Body held up for most of that but left wrist felt a little tender.

Post-wod – 3 single deadhangs (under grip). Didn’t have any over grip DHs post metcon.

Diligent stretching with my trust lacrosse ball! Taking Jonny's advice and embracing the pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment