Monday, May 9, 2011

Another week, more shoulder stuff

I think I'm finally recovered from food poisoning which is great news! Bad news is that my left shoulder is pretty sore today. The shoulder stuff I had dealt with last year feels fine (I have full ROM mostly) so I don't think that's the problem.
A few weeks ago, some muscle in my left shoulder, closer to the spine, spazzed out and ever since then, I keep tweaking my neck. It recovers, but never fully.
Then I started rolling on it with a Lacrosse ball and I found a muscle that is super super tight... it feels like a ridge. At first, I thought maybe it was a tendon and that I shouldn't be rolling on it. Rudy said it should feel like the other side. While the right side was pretty tight too, it felt nothing like that super stiff muscle on the left side.
Anyways, after a week of self rolling, I decided I needed some manual work. Saturday, I went to see my massage therapist and boy did he find a lot of craziness back there.
In addition to what I think is the rhomboid that's jacked up, it turns out I had some crazy knots in my upper trap too. My neck was stiff (knots there too). What the hell did I do??

Massage therapist told me to lay off it for a while... it'll be sore after the manual work but should recover in 2-3 days. I need to continue to roll that stuff to release the pressure. Key is to get on that muscle (on the ridge) and sink into it.

2 comments:

  1. It's a crazy amount of pain to endure, but you'll be better for it. Embrace the pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. had no idea you were so ill! i hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete