Saturday, November 10, 2012

Snatch PR!

PR: 92.5# snatch (full squat)

Three weeks ago, I PR'ed on a squat snatch during class (a 4# PR in well over a year). I hadn't worked on it much over the past year and I've been thinking about it a lot more lately.
Thanks to Tim, JJ and I got to work on that lift this morning. I worked on hang snatches, power snatches, snatch balances, and finally squat snatches (with emphasis on the positions). It was an hour of work on this and at the end, I hit the right cues and got under 92.5# after 2 tries. A solid squat catch saved me as I hung out in the bottom longer than normal before standing the weight up.
A few cues to remember:
- Be patient on first pull to power position
- Pull bar into hips, shoulder over and in front of bar
- Hip extension, think about hitting the bar with the hips
- Need to stop losing the bar in front on the catch. Commit.
- Need more speed when dropping under the bar.

I am pretty happy with the 7.5# PR in 3 weeks. Try 95# next time. I failed it three times today but I'm pretty sure I have it... hips were too tired from the long lifting session.

No comments:

Post a Comment