Thursday, October 7, 2010

Another 3 in a row

On Tuesday at 7pm, a monster class showed up and Bryce handled it all smoothly. "Everyone's doing tomorrow's Metcon!". Okee dokee, Coach!

12:10 with regular red-banded pullups for me and 10# WB.

Feeling those lunges in my butt and quads on Wednesday but I already committed to myself that I'm making up Tuesday's so there I go.

With lingering soreness in quads and butt, I was pretty disappointed with my performance. Maybe my body hasn't completely switched over to burning those ketones yet but I know they're there. Maybe it's affecting my recovery. Maybe maybe maybe.

Bench 5×5: 55-65-55-55-55
65# was a struggle so scaled back down. Former 1RM was 90#. First time benching in what seems like 6 months. It's going to take a bit of work to get back there.

Metcon with 63# jerks, 44# KBS: 8:11

Man, those jerks were hard for me. Push jerks in the 10 round but after a few press outs, moved to split jerks the rest of the way. I can't seem to bring the bar back down without it crashing into my sternum. Lowering it slowly took a lot out of me. Cleaning it a few times on the 8 and 6 round sucked. Arms and legs felt pretty weak through it all. Burpees and KBS were unbroken and moved at a decent pace so that was cool.

Post: butt and quads were too sore to tackle that 10x100m row. Worked on cleans instead as it didn’t work for me in the WOD. Got up to 93# which was a PR for PC. I could have squat cleaned the 103# but mentally bailed. I pulled it high enough but I just couldn't get under it quickly. Felt partially redeemed so called it a night.

Resting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment