Monday, October 11, 2010

Welcome Paleo Challenge friends!

I'm pretty excited about a new group starting the paleo challenge! JJ and I started eating paleo a while ago and even though we've gone through various degrees of strictness, we never looked back.
In honour of the challenge, I want to help you kickstart paleo so I will be refocusing my blog over the next few weeks.
If you want to dig through old posts of when I was going through the paleo challenge, just find ones that have a label of "paleo" or "recipe". There will be some paleo dessert recipes floating around... also, feel free to ignore that peach ice cream recipe since it's not paleo.

A little background...
I am Chinese so I grew up eating rice. When I started my full time job in Chicago with Bagel Fridays and easy access to places like Venice Cafe, I started eating lots more refined grains and my body reacted adversely to it. I got the shakes about an hour after eating a bagel, instant ramen, or 10 servings of pasta in a sitting (that's what they gave you, so that's what I ate). I began paying more attention to my body's reactions and JJ started to eat paleo when he joined CF. We both lost lots of weight within the first 4 months back in early 2009. Over time, my body felt better but you will go through phases of low energy when you reprogram your body to run on fats instead of sugars/carbs. Give it a chance (2-4 weeks) if you're brand new to paleo and your body will thank you in the long run. It is easy to give up refined carbs and grains once your body experiences life without it.

Good luck! Feel free to post questions, requests, etc! JJ's the creative one so I'd be happy to share his recipes!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Donna! Would love some recipes since I'm still learning how to make meat!

    ReplyDelete