Friday, October 29, 2010

C&J PR

Finally in a groove... diet is pretty paleo, minimal cheats, feeling strong in WODs...
I can't remember how long I've been eating paleo again but I like to not think about it. As long as it makes me feel good, that's really all I care about.
For the last month, I have been trying to avoid gluten, even in any cheat meals or unavoidable cheats. It's been a long time since I had a craft beer... I switched to red wine and NorCal margaritas. Just one bad cheat last weekend at a wedding where they had Molly's Cupcakes, so I'm feeling pretty good in general.

WOD-wise, I think my cardio is finally back but still need to get used to pushing past that muscle burn. Been feeling strong in the strength portion lately but still need to maintain awareness of things like a recovering hip and shoulder. I need to do more shoulder and mobility WODs more frequently.

I'm pretty happy about cleaning up my rack position since Rudy's article. I haven't smashed a bar into my collar bone/chest in a while and that's a real improvement. I think it helped me get my C&J PR (105#) and my squat clean PR (115#) even though it was a bit ugly (dropping elbows). Still have trouble bringing the bar back down from a Jerk. The 5x3 FS felt good at 103#... my last PR was 125#... I might be ready to try for it soon with appropriate hip warm up.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear!!! C&J is much more fun when it doesn't hurt! Glad I can help.

    ReplyDelete