Monday, October 4, 2010

Building confidence

Rudy's rack position article from last week was really helpful. It was time to put it in practice (I still kind of want to make up that WOD). I'm so excited because the wide grip tip worked for me. Built confidence with each clean as it landed PROPERLY on my shoulders. No wrist pain either. WIN!!!

Today
Back Squat 1RM (30X0 tempo): 143#
This tempo thing is pretty cool. First 143# attempt wasn't deep enough. The second one, my right knee caved in. Finally got it on the third one. I feel it in my left hip. No pain but yeah, I feel it.

Worked on negatives/banded strict pullups
Very close. Got a deadhang on the thin band. Rudy thinks I might get it in 3-4 weeks with constantly varied work on it :)

Metcon @ 53#, red band: 4 rounds + 6 cleans
I am just so happy with the cleans. For the first time since starting crossfit, I think I am finally doing it right! Pullup work before this metcon made me really slow in the pullup part of the WOD.

Post – 75 sit-ups (worried about wrecking my abs so cut it after 75)

No comments:

Post a Comment