Tuesday, June 7, 2011

C&J!

C&J day
Arguably one of my favourite lifts!
C&J 1RM: 120# (10# PR!)
Progression: 65-85-105-115-120f-120
Next time, try: 65-95-115-125-maybe 130. Need to work on FS at 130# and up.
Thanks for all the pointers from Alex, Bryce, Rudy, Val, and Kurt!
Clean:
Kurt's were especially helpful for me... set my glutes (which I think I always did but I made a conscious effort here) and open up hips by punching the floor through heels. Made a huge difference when I cleaned 120# after the first fail. I didn't think I could get under it but I trusted the pull by using more hips and it felt like a proper clean! Rudy pointed out that I needed to get those elbows through faster/higher which helped after I failed my first 120#. Elbows could still be higher. FS work needed!
Jerk:
Really happy to get under 120#. Gina was working behind me and I had some inspiration to commit to it like she commits to her lifts! Felt slightly lopsided (left arm locked out first) but stuck with it.
Bryce noted that I need to get that lift in my head before I approached the bar. I psyched myself out on one of the attempts.

Glad to get a feel for this so I can plan what to do over the next month before the WCCF weightlifting meet rolls around!

2 mile run: 18:10
Pretty slow. I could have gone a little faster in retrospect. It was really hot and felt like we had head wind almost the entire way but really didn't feel as bad as I expected!

1 comment: