Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Tues/Wed combo post-long weekend

Been a week off since last Tuesday's chipper. Glad I caught some of the Regionals on Friday!! Wished I could've been there for the rest of it instead of following it on Twitter/Facebook/Games site... just not the same. Huge congrats to all of our CFC athletes, judges, volunteers... Rudy, Jonny... all sorts of blood, sweat, cheers, heart, inspiration, hard work all over the place! I love our CFC community!

I tried to stay gluten-free all weekend in Minneapolis and the wedding but it was tough. Dialed back in starting Monday.

Actually glad I had a week off in retrospect. Inside right elbow was swollen and painful from Friday through Monday. Compression wrapped it and it felt better. Must have been those OHS press outs or even the alternate grips from the pullups during the chipper.

Tuesday
Press 5RM: 60# (thought this was a PR but turns out I did 5 reps at 63# on one of those 5-3-1+ from over a year ago)

Metcon at 45# and 1 pood: 5:39 (15-15/30/10-5-5/10-5-5/10/10)
Light on the PPs and Bryce said to go fast and I really tried. Forearms were fried on the round of 20. Round of 10 was a fight to go unbroken.

Post – DB rows at 20#

Wednesday
BS 5RM: 135#
My pre-injury PR from 12/26/09 was 150#. When we last did this in March, I came in around 120# so I’m happy to be making my way back to pre-injury days though slowly. I did feel a bit of that hip thing though but it went away... maybe that hip will never be the same again?
Big thanks to Kurt for pointing out that I may be going too low at the bottom of my squat. I did this thing where I bounced out of the bottom (that Val pointed out and I won't ever forget) and Kurt said my knees collapsed in when I got really low. Once I fixed that, they looked nice and strong! Yay!

Metcon (regular pullups and knee push ups): 17 rds + 3 pullups
Squat jumps were fast, no breaks between movements b/c I knew I’d be breaking those push ups towards the end. These were sets of 2s towards the end... triceps are DONE from Tues/Wed combo.

Post – 5x100m (60s rest) 22.9, 23.1, 23.3, 23.1, 22.4

No comments:

Post a Comment