Sunday, June 19, 2011

CFT

Friday night, had a work happy hour so couldn't make it in for CFT. Instead, after the happy hour, got in about an hour or so of tennis in but felt generally weak after just one drink...

Saturday morning CFT
BS: 175 (tied PR). 145-165-175. Try 180 next.
Press: 65 (5# off PR). Warmed up with bar. 55# x3. Then 65#. Failed 70# x3.
DL: 225 (tied PR). 175-205-235f-225-235f. Try for 230# next time.
CFT: 465 (5# off pre-injury CFT!)

Pretty happy with this given the last year and a half have been ups and downs in terms of injury/work schedule. Being back at a 175# BS makes me feel really good b/c I hurt my hip about a week into CFT last year. Now, just don't be stupid when going through the strength cycle. Press at 70# was so close every time and got closer with each attempt! I'm wondering if my warm up sets weren't done properly but I was also trying to balance being tired out from it. For DL, I felt the bar move on my 235# attempt but the weights definitely were not coming off the ground. Do NOT drop DLs from the top. Must lower with hands on the bar.

After CFT, JJ and I biked 22ish miles, all the way to Northerly Island and back. Wasn't so bad, especially after the CFT!

No comments:

Post a Comment