Thursday, July 14, 2011

7/11-13

Monday's WOD
BS 4×3 @86% (150#)
Metcon: 11:25 with a 25# DB.
Post: DB floor press with 15# DBs 12-10-8-9

The back squats were tough but happy to get them all done. 25# DB was too light... all the KBs were taken as were the mats for the sit ups at the packed class! I wish I had a heavier DB since my limiting factor was the sit ups.
Today is Thursday and my body does not like 150 sit ups. My abs still hurt when I sneeze/cough and my hip flexors had some serious DOMS yesterday; I had trouble lifting my legs to put on pants! I think when I do a sit up, I'm using my hip flexors to hold my legs and pull myself in a bit. Wow, were they sore and I'm sure it wasn't the BSes or DB swings given how they hurt.

Yesterday, I played on my work softball team again and it was fun. This time I had shoes instead of sport sandals! I had some pretty good hits but throwing the ball a few times resulted in a sore right delt. Maybe I pulled a tendon... either way, it needs rest.

Soooo I really wanted to make up Wednesday's WOD today but my new rule for me is that I can't let myself work out if my body isn't ready and my hip flexors are definitely not ready. Hopefully only need some ice tonight and one more day of rest so I can make it in for tomorrow's WOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment