Monday, July 11, 2011

WCCF Summer 2011 Weightlifting Meet

This was my first WCCF weightlifting meet and I'm proud to say that I've finally got one of these under my belt!

I'm happy to report that I PR'ed on both my lifts!

Snatch: 32kg(70#)-35kg(77#)-37kg(81#)
C&J: 50kg(110#)-55kg(121#)-57kg(125#)F

This was a really great experience as I now know how it feels to work through nerves in competition. Although I didn't really treat this like a competition for me, I think the nerves felt no different. Coming off of that first lift, I couldn't believe how much I was shaking from the adrenaline! It's true though that when you step on the platform, there really is no time to be nervous (didn't even have time to picture anyone in their undies haha) and you just do what you do. I was lucky to have Elisabeth, Tiffany, and Amy there to go through this with. I'm super lucky that JJ was there to support me too! Congrats all around, especially to Elisabeth for taking the whole thing!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job, Donna!! Congrats on the PR's! Your lifts looked solid!

    ReplyDelete