Sunday, July 24, 2011

7/18-24

Monday's WOD
Vertical jump: 17.5″
Broad jump: 78"
Grace @ 83#: 5:43 (failed 1 jerk)
4/17/10 Grace @ 53#: 4:14

Last time with Grace, I was coming off of rehabbing a shoulder injury so it was light but it looks like I was only slower by 1:30 but 30# heavier this time!
The first 20 went by well. The last 10 were grinders! I think I started to split jerk about half way through (and not very well). Many thanks to Lizzie pushing me through and Val making me pick up the bar and reminding me to fully extend the hips on the jerk. Failed 1 jerk b/c I wasn't breathing through the last few properly.

Post – 6×10 MB sit-ups (12#)

Tuesday's WOD
MU work. This was fun and I want to keep working at it. I also need to work on ring dips. As far as the jump/pull/transition goes, need to focus on engaging my core and keeping elbows in.

Metcon at 105#/16″: 3 rounds + 3 FS
Flew through first round… and then it went downhill fast. Squat cleaned the FS which were unbroken except for that last round where I failed a bunch of cleans (didn't finish my pull twice, couldn't come out of my squat once). Box jumps unbroken except for 1 trip up in the third round. Left wrist does not like kipping chin ups... not flexible there and it’s really aggravated. Plan is to ice/compress/rest(keep wrist as straight as possible) over the next few days. Feels like an over-extension. I am hoping it will heal and I won't need a doc visit.

Post – 2 x 8 RDLs at 85#. Back is done from yesterday and today so I kept it light and called it quits after 2 sets.

Thanks to some tough love from Bryce. Apparently, I wasn't trying hard enough to get those CTBs. I went back, tried again, and got my first 3 ever!

(Left) wrist didn't really feel right the rest of the week so I laid off it with intermittent ice and compression. It's feeling better today (Sunday) so I gave some rowing a go just to get moving.
500m: 2:06min (I wasn't planning on doing this but managed to row at a 2:00 pace for the last 100+m... should do a proper 500m TT next time).
Easy 15 min row: 2950m (Finished at around a 2:32 pace).

No comments:

Post a Comment