Tuesday, May 15, 2012

AMRAP FS-PU couplet

On Sunday, JJ and I went for a long bike ride (20+ miles round trip) from Bellevue, along the I90 trail, to Seward Park in Seattle. A gorgeous day for it too! One day a week, our plan is to do something long and low intensity... so hiking and biking will fit the bill.

Day 5 at NW Crossfit Bellevue: "Good Times Bad Times"
AMRAP in 20 Minutes:
1 round =
12/9/6
Front Squats at 77# (Rx)
24/18/12
Pullups

135 reps officially + 9 ring rows + 6 FS

First round was done in 9:30ish. Didn't make it through my second round. No surprise that pullups were my usual limiting factor. It seems like my hands have a tolerance of about 65-75 pullups before I get blood blisters and rips. Maybe I'm not gripping the bar tight enough and there's just way too much friction? Anyways, in that 2nd round of 18 pullups, I decided I'd switch to ring rows before the rip but I have to grip the rings too so the rip happened. Also, totally messed up the number of ring rows I was supposed to do and ended up with 9. I guess I was in a hurry to get back on the bar (had just over a minute left) to crank out 6 FS. First round, FS were unbroken. My very last set of FS were in 2s. Good weight.
This could be my last week here on my promo and I may or may not get in another WOD. Full review to come. Next up: Sasquatch CF.

No comments:

Post a Comment