Thursday, September 6, 2012

Angie rx'ed



Angie: 100 pull ups / 100 push ups / 100 sit ups / 100 squats
32:33

My first time ever doing Angie and rx'ed at that. I dislike long metcons and 100 of anything in a WOD usually makes me cranky. But, it's a benchmark WOD so there I go.
Pullups took over 13 minutes. First set of 10 felt good but started singles around 60 reps in maybe. Push ups took almost as long... had about 20 to go when I hit the 23 minute mark. Singles starting at 40 maybe but quick breaks. I tried to keep a good rhythm on sit ups but after cranking through 40 of them, I had to break. Sets of 5 towards the end. Squats are a strength of mine so I powered through them in under 2:30, with the first 50 unbroken.
I had plenty of strength in my lats during the pull ups but my hands hurt. I have blisters all over my hands and finger tips. I know I'm not gripping the bar tight enough but I can't seem to actually do it. Frustrating.
On the plus side, all 100 push ups were legit.

No comments:

Post a Comment