Thursday, September 20, 2012

PRs!!

PR: Strict Press 5RM: 65#
PR: 5 strict HSPUs to one ab mat


Cycle 4 Week 2: Press 1RM + 5% from Cycle 3
5 reps @ 40% (30#)
5 reps @ 50% (37.5#)
3 reps @ 60% (45#)
3 reps @ 70% (52.5#)
3 reps @ 80% (60#)
3+ reps @ 90% (65#): 5 reps

Metcon: 10 min AMRAP of
5 HSPU (1st round to one ab mat, the rest piked on 20" box)
10 hand release push ups
15 v-ups
3 rounds + 9 push ups

Post: Worked on kipping HSPUs. Can do it with two ab mats but not to one. Shoulders were done.
Post-post: butterfly kip work. Didn't have it today. Must be real tired.

I debated going today but against my better judgment, went for it as my upper body wasn't feeling too taxed. Abs, glutes, hips did not want to work out today so I guess I was lucky it was mostly an upper body work out.
Had I not gone today, I would have missed out on two PRs so that was a nice surprise! The 5RM press at 65# had been on my "to-do" list for a while so I finally got it!
Not even making it to fourth round in the metcon was a bit unexpected and really showed my fatigue this week after over a week off. The first 5 HSPUs pretty much took it all out of me even though they felt easy at the time. After one more on the second round, I had to switch to a pike as I was just going to fail. Push ups were painfully slow and failed multiple times in the later rounds when I rushed. V-ups were also painful as my rib muscles are not happy from those hollow rocks yesterday.
Really shouldn't go tomorrow but I want to DL. Will see how I feel in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment