Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Heavy and long



Metcon: 5 rounds of
10 DL @ rx 165# (5-5/5-5/4-3-3/4-3-3/singles)
20 one-arm KBS @ rx 1 pood (unbroken until last round in 2 sets of 10)
400m run
20:28

Post: some foam rolling

For 60% of my 1RM, the 165# DLs felt rather heavy. Discussed with Dave and Tim about going BM (axel bar, same weight) because I was wondering how it would affect my grip for the KBS. My hand actually won't grip the bar the entire way around so I would be relying on a bit more friction on the hands so Tim said I can use that when it's lighter. DLs broken up as above. Smaller sets to avoid bad form by the third round.
Through 3 rounds, Chad, Derek, and Marja were all ahead of me but I went at my pace. Moved ahead of Derek and Marja sometime in the fourth round. I knew I couldn't chase down Chad but nice to know Derek was right behind so I pushed to stay in front.
Writing this on the next day and my back's pretty sore, which was as expected. Quads still hurting from the thrusters two days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment