Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fight Gone Light

Last WOD destroyed my quads for days. I'm only starting to walk like a normal person and ALMOST without pain today. That's messed up.

JJ and I went rock climbing on Sunday. Thought that would help get some blood in there. Though it didn't help, it didn't make it any worse either. I'm happy that I am seeing some improvement in my rock climbing technique. JJ bought a book and we're learning how to climb better. I can't wait to see how that improves.

Okay, finally felt decent enough to come in. Thought I'd make up Monday's but given the weather and that everyone else was doing the FGHeavy WOD, I guess I'll join in the fun but I went light myself to test out the movements.

Did I "test out" the Jerk with lighter weights? No. I felt no pain when I warmed up so I just went for it with Kerry, Karen, and Lauren.

Jerks 5-5-5: 55-75-85
First jerks since January when I hit a 1RM of 95#. Feels good to be back at it!

Metcon (35# SDHP/PP, 20″ BJ, 6# WB / 11′ target): 18:38

Fight Gone Light for me. I made sure to push as hard as I could given how light I went. Felt no pain on all the movements so that's a good sign. BJ rhythm just wasn't there today and I felt like I was hyperventilating on the WBs. Feels good to do the same WOD as everyone else!

Hopefully, shoulder won't get too sore over the next two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment