Tuesday, June 19, 2012

TTB :(


Day 10 at Sasquatch CF

Snatch Balance work just to 45#
Then, Snatch 2-2-2-1-1... forgot the progression... maybe 5# increments to 75#.
Metcon: 9 rounds of 4 hang cleans (rx+ at 75#) / 8 TTB / 1 min rest
16:57
Post-WOD: none

I was pretty sore from the 250 squats and 125 KBS yesterday so the snatch balance turned into just a warm up of the hips. Worked up to 75# on the snatch and it felt pretty easy on the second attempt. All I needed was for Tim to tell me to commit. I probably had 80# in me today but I didn't really want to stress out the hips too much.
It's been a while since I went this heavy on HPCs and they were unbroken and quick. Also, I was more aware of my form for fear of ending up with the terrible bruises on my thigh. Right side looks ok, left side has some minor bruising. TTBs were terrible but I managed to string 2s and 3s. Ripped on the 7th round so I had to do v-ups. Next time, switch to GHDs instead now that they have a machine (yay!).
Something feels weird in my right wrist / forearm. When I hold my hand out in front with palms down and rotate wrist so thumb is up, hurts at about 90 degrees. Monitor and lay off it!

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you back at it! All in moderation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely in moderation. JJ called me out on it yesterday after I told him about my wrist. My body definitely doesn't like it when I ramp up too quickly!

    ReplyDelete