Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Tied PR day...



Strength: Squat Clean 1-1-1-1-1-1 (95-105-115-125-130fx4)
Metcon: 5 rounds of 6 FS (75#, bm) / 6 PP (75#, bm) / 6 barbell burpees
8:10

Skipped 3x400m due to sore calves and hamstrings

I tied my Squat Clean PR of 125#. It went up ok but I noticed I caught the bar quite low. Four attempts at 130#, each incrementally closer. I think it's high enough but I am not getting under the bar fast enough and the final two attempts, I caught the bar way too low with elbows not all the way up. I think I need to work on the pull.
Metcon was fun! FS were UB but got slower as the rounds wore on. First 3 rounds of PP were UB, last two rounds of PP were 3-3 (with one fail in there). I tried to get through those barbell burpees quickly. That is, the hop was over the bar and dropped right into the next one. Couldn't keep up that pace in the last two rounds and my quads were burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment