Monday, July 23, 2012

Crossfit Invictus!

Dropped in at Crossfit Invictus today during my stay in San Diego (for work).

Nice facility with a receptionist, large bathrooms with change rooms, and two coaches to a class: one takes care of the people doing the Fitness WOD and the other one, the Performance WOD. I think the Competition class is run elsewhere but in this space, there are about 5 groups of people doing 5 different things at any one time. It's nuts! All the evening classes (4:30/5:30/6:30) were packed! 15+ people each!
Got to meet CJ and chatted briefly. Also saw a modern gypsy (Taylor) while I was rolling out before the WOD but he disappeared before I got a chance to chat. Drop-in fee is $20, but first time is free.

Today's WOD
A.
Jerk 1RM
Warm up sets with bar
I don't remember my sets exactly so this is a guess:
68#(5)-83#(4)-103#(3)-118#(1)-123#fx2
3# off PR
The 123# jerk was so close. I lost it because I didn't keep my back and core tight. Good tips from Cody and Nicole to 1) rack higher / closer to neck, 2) dip straighter (but it was mostly good... should be fixed with higher rack), and 3) tighter core.

B.
For Max Reps:
3 Minutes of Box Jumps (rx 18″)
1 Minute of Rest
3 Minutes of KBS (rx 16 kg - swing to forehead level)
1 Minute of Rest
3 Minutes of Thrusters (rx was 83#, I used 73#)
80+75+13=168

I already knew that my thrusters were going to be awful but this was really awful. I scaled because I thought I could keep moving but after the first set of 3, I hit a few doubles before resorting to singles. I can't breathe during these things!

No comments:

Post a Comment