Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Wendler Cycle 2



Strength: Back Squat 1RM + 5%
5 reps @ 40% (65#)
5 reps @ 50% (80#)
3 reps @ 60% (95#)
5 reps @ 65% (100#)
5 reps @ 75% (115#)
5+ reps @ 85% (135#): 6 reps

Metcon: 10->1 OHS (65# rx) / 10->1 WB (14# rx)
12:53

Post: 3x1 deadhangs!!!

In cycle 2 of the Wendler (what happened to deload week?) now. I was thrown for a loop when I saw the 1RM + 5% on the board and the 5:30pm class had tons of people so we were a little short on the smaller weights (2.5# and 5# plates).
Metcon time seemed pretty horrible. I haven't done rx'ed wall balls to 10 feet in forever and I was determined to get 'er done since I didn't realize last time that the line was not 10 feet (have to go over the line for rx). A lot of singles there.
OHS were slow and steady. This may be the heaviest OHSes I've done in a WOD and my back felt it. I didn't drop the bar because I didn't want to snatch it more than I needed to (all power snatches).

I was stretching out my back... hanging off the GHD, hanging off the pullup bar... then I thought I'd give a deadhang a shot (I shed 3-4 lbs since my last attempt) and I had one! Then, I got another! And another! I was pretty stoked! Made my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment