Monday, February 1, 2010

Diagnosis

Went to the doctor today after approx 3 weeks since my hip pain.
Diagnosis: bursitis on the hip joint(s). The doctor threw out some terms I wasn't familiar with but it basically started with the hip flexor. He prescribed PT but some online websites said not to do anything until the pain is gone. Maybe I should take some ibuprofen but I've been off that stuff for a while now. Icing...

Breakfast at 8am: sauteed shrimp with garlic powder and tomato sauce, 1 fried egg, 1 espresso
Snack at 11am: paleo banana walnut muffin (made with coconut flour and almond meal)
Lunch at 1pm: chicken korma with roasted butternut squash
Snack at 5pm: homemade paleo kit
Dinner at 8pm: chicken curry with steamed broccoli, a few slices of banana on paleo almond crackers and sunbutter, some sticks of celery with sunbutter

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Donna! How long until recovery, did the doctor say??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kerry. He didn't really say but the PT he prescribed is for 3 weeks, 2x a week. He said since I had rested it for 3 weeks and plateaued on recovery, that we should do something more aggressive about it.
    Interestingly enough, I have some ganglion cyst on my left wrist which is essentially the same as an inflamed bursa I think. All on the left side. Maybe I'm prone to this stuff. Hoping the paleo diet works its magic but starting to consider laying off the nightshades. That'll be super hard since that's cutting into the variety of vegetables I can eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope for a speedy recovery Donna! Being injured is no bueno. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you'll be back 100% asap.

    ReplyDelete