Friday, February 5, 2010

Robb Wolf responds

I've been listening to the podcasts and decided to post my ganglion cyst/bursitis situation on Robb's blog.

His response included:
"Ganglion cysts really respond well to low carb, sleep etc. I doubt if glucosamine would help that."
and this.

More work + more stress + less sleep is messing with my insulin sensitivity apparently. I should probably be a little more strict on paleo. I love food... not being able to cheat little bits is going to be tough...

6am WOD:
3x max pushups: 16+10+6=32. I didn't do as many in my first set but more in my second and third sets. Total is a PR of 1.
Alex's alt WOD:
5 rounds of 5 strict press at 75% of my 1RM (used 53#) and 10 (unbanded kipping) pullups: 9:04
Limiting factors are still pullups but they're getting better. Blood blister but did not rip.
Finished it off with 3x 10 reverse sit-up thing using bench. Tough stuff. Thanks Rudy.

Pre-6am WOD: 1 muscle milk light
Breakfast at 8am: 2 fried eggs with Kerry Gold butter (best butter ever) and shrimp sauteed with garlic powder and tomato sauce. 1 espresso.
Mid-morning "snack": 1 16oz coffee
Lunch at 1pm: Chicken shwarma salad w/ parsley, cucumber, sumac onion, spicy tomato sauce from I Dream of Falafel
Snack at 5pm: almost-paleo banana walnut muffin
Dinner at 7pm: Dinner at Spring included yellowtail sashimi with sweet potato bouillon, lemongrass and coconut soup with shrimp dumpling, 1 glass of white wine, scallops with braised oxtail, bokchoy, and mushroom in a sweet soy sauce, 1 decaf latte.

1 comment:

  1. i obviously approve of the butter. what a fabulous brand name.

    ReplyDelete