Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekend

I find the weekends the hardest to stay paleo especially when there are social get-togethers like dinners and bars. The Chicago restaurant week also isn't helping... I loooove food too much that when a delicious risotto comes with my entree, I'm going to eat it. I even hesitate to sub especially when the chef recommends a certain preparation.
I did find that cheating gets worse with fellow paleo crossfitters! It's just really funny but you can't blame us! All we do is talk about the food that we can't eat :)

Saturday, I ate:
9am: Muscle milk lite, apple with sunbutter
1:30pm (brunch with friends): ham, bacon, sausage, mushroom, onion, avocado omelette with orange, coffee
6:30pm ("dinner" at Thai Pastry): Tom Kha Kai (mushroom, coconut, lemongrass, and some other herbs/spices) soup, whole fried red snapper in a spicy pepper sauce, thai basil ground chicken, 1 young coconut with the coconut meat for dessert.
9pm (snacks at Tony's): bites of buffalo chicken, sliders, carrots, chocolate birthday cake, Riesling, champagne

Sunday, I ate:
Lunch at 1pm: stir fried chicken with Worcestershire sauce, pureed cauliflower (with black pepper, butter, sauteed red onions)
Snack at 5pm: some beef/elk/venison jerky with nuts and dried fruit while I made paleo kits
Dinner at 8pm (at Naha): cremini mushroom soup, pork belly with mushroom risotto, dark chocolate and hazelnut cake with orange wedges

No comments:

Post a Comment