Saturday, February 6, 2010

Tired and achy

I feel like I am starting to not be very good about posting daily. I don't have too much to say lately other than "my hip hurts", "my wrist hurts", "I miss crossfit" and "work sucks" so I'm starting to sound like a whiner too. Please forgive me.

I'm probably averaging 2-3 times a week these days. I want to go more but I'm just achy. I feel myself falling out of sync a bit and the work crankiness is starting to creep back too. End of busy season is close... just another month to go. Then I hopefully can concentrate on sleep and recovery in time for my snowboarding trip!

Friday, I ate:
Breakfast at 8:30am: 1 muscle milk light (I was in a hurry)
Snack at 10am: 1 banana and 1 16 oz coffee
Lunch at 12:30pm: yellow squash and zucchini with bolognese sauce
Snack at 4pm: homemade paleo kit
Pre-dinner snack at 7pm: 1 apple with some sunbutter
Dinner at 7:30pm: canned wild sockeye salmon salad, made with homemade mayo (egg yolk + olive oil + fresh chopped rosemary). Sundried tomatoes, artichokes, hearts of palm, balsamic dressing all made it into the salad party
Post-dinner snack at 10pm: a few bites of freshly baked carob blueberry muffins


Today, I ate:
Breakfast at 10am: Glenn's diner omelette with bacon, spinach, mushrooms, and green pepper
Snack at noon: Latte (delicious) and few spoonfuls of butternut squash coconut curry soup at Metropolis. Love that place.
Snack at 3:30pm: samples of random stuff like Starbucks VIA and deli meat turkey.
Dinner at 8pm: Veal piccata limone at Fiorentino's. Had some grilled octopus, lightly breaded calamari, other people's food (scallops, chicken, steak, 1 small strand of squid ink fettucine). I started with a minestrone soup that was delicious but very disappointing as I did not expect the amount of potatoes, beans, and pasta in it. It looked like I barely ate any of the soup. My non-crossfit friends must have thought I was crazy.

Pretty sad food day. I never felt super hungry and I just didn't feel like eating. I think I was a bit moody today...

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE fiorentino's!! I miss their squid ink fettucine dish!!! With asparagus, red peppers, shrim[ and scallops, mmmmm. DELICOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kishen actually ordered that and I had a taste of the sauce and veggies and a 1 inch strand of the fettucine. It was the best fettucine I've ever tasted!

    ReplyDelete