Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Yesterday and today

I would have had a boring post yesterday... worked til JJ came to pick me up after volleyball. Decided at work at around 9pm that I needed to go to the box for a 6am. Worked like a charm.

Yesterday, I ate:
Breakfast @ 8am: sauteed shrimp with tomato sauce, 1 fried egg, some spinach and peppers with crushed almonds, 1 americano
Lunch @ 1pm: yellow and zucchini squash with homemade bolognese sauce
Snack @ 5pm: homemade almost paleo banana walnut muffin (there was a bit of honey)
Dinner @ 7:30pm: Jimmy Johns #11 unwich, no mayo and homemade paleo kit

Today, I made it to the box!
Double-under work, Press 5-3-1+: 50-57-64(3) which felt pretty heavy, and tabata push-ups. Goal was to make it through 4 rounds of regular push ups and I was 2 into that round and I failed so had to go on my knees.
12+8+4+2/3+5+6+6+7 = 53
Definitely need to work on some push-up endurance.
Did 3 sets of pullups (5-8-4). Grip slipped a bit on my first set. Rudy jokingly said I should do a butterfly pullup by the time my hip heals. I really hope my hip heals before that! I can't even do CTBs yet!

I would have liked to get Freddy's Revenge in but not this time.

Today, I ate:
Breakfast @ 8am: beef osso bucco with broccoli and sauteed baby bella mushrooms, 1 espresso
Mid-morning "snack": 16oz coffee (for $1) from Roti. I love Metropolis coffee.
Lunch @ 1pm: 1 crabcake, butternut squash in "veggie stew" (the sauce from the osso bucco with all the veggies just broken down)
Snack @ 5pm: handful of nuts and dried cranberries
Dinner @ 7:30pm: chicken/beef chili with roasted beets, maybe I'll eat that hard-boiled egg too.

2 comments:

  1. i want that veggie stew. sounds delicious. i can't WAIT to see what you bring to our paleo dinner. I'm sitting next to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww i'm so sorry! i can't make it to the paleo dinner on saturday b/c my friend is having her birthday dinner that night!
    don't worry, you can come over for dinner! btw we still have some veggie stew, it's just kinda frozen...

    ReplyDelete