Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Enjoying the Biology Lessons!



I'm enjoying the back to back biology lessons about Metabolic Pathways and the Burn. Keep 'em coming coaches! The diagram above is actually something I remember from high school... but what it all means? I had no idea until now.

Sometimes, I wish I knew more about this stuff. I love reading about the "why" of things though I might not understand it all. I had a bad biology teacher in high school and having to memorize things like parts of mitochondria, without learning the "why" did not make this topic interesting, unfortunately. Instead, I chose a life of math and look where that has gotten me ha! I think I need to do some more biology learning!!

Interval Baseline at CFCE today.
4 x 400m run (2 min rest): 1:40, 1:40, 1:42, 1:39

I am surprised and happy that I stayed within 5 seconds! I knew I was too slow approaching that cone where I had to turn around on the 3rd round... got mentally lazy. Powered through that last one as my foot was feeling okay and well, I didn't have another round after that. Almost bulldozed two girls who were at the cone when I turned around haha.

Biceps and back tightening up from Monday's workout. Not much progress on foot though it did not worsen from the run. Ice and fish oil.

So it's JJ and my anniversary week. Last year, we went to Alinea for our first anniversary dinner and this year, we're making a whole week of eating out out of it (intentionally and unintentionally). Last night, we had Serbian food at Restaurant Sarajevo. Man, that was good. Tonight, all you can eat sushi at Shiroi Hana and I'm still stuffed. No, not doing so good on the paleo front this week but should be back at it next week... if I don't end up on a traveling project for work...

No comments:

Post a Comment