Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Fight Gone Bad!

Modified FGB a la Zack

20" box jumps: 33/24/23
Knee push ups for PP: 21/15/12
Row: 11/10/9
WB: 12(10#)/15(6#)/12(6#)
20kg RKBS for SDHP: 16/15/17
Total: 245

Game plan going into this was to get as many reps as possible on the box jumps so I started with it. Achieving that made me pretty happy! With the push ups, focused on keeping elbows in though I felt that coming out when I got tired. Row efficiency still not very good but better than it used to be. Might have pulled with some traps but made an effort to keep those down. WBs were a bit of a disaster. I thought I could do the 10# WB but in my first 5 reps, I either missed the wall or came up short on 3 of them. It was a battle through that first round so I downgraded to a 6# WB for the remaining rounds. RKBS were about the right toughness though having that last, I was just pretty winded overall.
Got a pretty nasty headache right after this WOD. Maybe it was because I was on the ground trying to breathe for a good 2 minutes after I was done. Didn't quite recover really until the 2nd round in the next heat.

Post WOD thoughts:
Surprisingly, other than being completely winded during the WOD, muscles all held up okay. Today, my back is a bit sore from the RKBS. Left hip is a bit weak feeling and tight from the BJs and WBs. Upper traps a bit sore too but not sure what got them... probably the RKBS. Shoulder held up okay. I really think the WB weakness was from the hip and not the shoulder. Triceps sore from the push ups but a good sore.
I've always been right-side dominant but since the injuries, I can feel the physical weakness in my hip and shoulder post workouts. I find myself pushing/pressing/pulling/throwing more using my right than my left in terms of upper body. Maybe that's something I need to work on?

Hopefully, the 1 hour of volleyball I played in the friggin humidity today helped loosen some stuff up!

No comments:

Post a Comment