Sunday, January 17, 2010

1 week mark of Paleo+

Did not run today since walking down the escalators at Whole Foods on my left leg made my hip flexor hurt. Not sure what that's about so might have to sub stuff for a few days.

Week 1 of Paleo+ challenge has been going well. I am much more conscious of my dairy intake and have cut down on the number of lattes this week (switched to Americano without the milk). Doing the moderate Paleo before the challenge really helped imo since I had already cut pasta, potatoes, bread, and rice out of my diet for a few months now (in that order of weakness... i.e. will cave when it comes to rice first, pasta last).
I was telling a non-crossfitter recently about how if they want to get healthier, just cut out those four things. I felt waaaay better when I cut out pasta. Interestingly enough, growing up on a very Chinese diet, those items were somewhat foreign to my stomach. I remember 4-5 years ago when I started eating bagels, my body actually rejected it... approx 2 hours after eating a bagel, I get super hungry and I get the shakes. I cut those out pretty easily since I didn't like how they made me feel. Pasta was much harder since it was just so convenient. I now marvel at how much pasta I used to be able to consume in a sitting. I haven't looked back since I changed my diet!

Lunch @ 1pm: butternut squash soup, ratatouille with ground grass-fed beef on carrot and zucchini strings

Snack @ 5pm: 1 organic pink lady apple

Dinner @ 6:30pm at Kamehachi: seaweed salad, asparagus beef rolls, chicken yakitori, sashimi deluxe w/ some soy sauce

Felt mildly hungry the whole day... might not have eaten enough calories... might eat some nuts to round out the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment