Monday, January 25, 2010

Omaha day 1

8:30am flight... delayed for an hour... greeted with a blasting wind and blowing snow... welcome to Omaha!

Uneventful work-filled day. Not the best nutrition day but I did what I could. Opted for cream/cheese over some sugar-glaze on chicken or potatoes or bread where I could. The place where I ate a wrap/burrito thing today had NO tortilla-less option and there were no plastic forks available to eat it open-faced. And I had no choice over where we were eating... so very sad.

I checked out Crossfit Omaha today but I only stopped by to figure out how to get there. I have high hopes of a WOD in the morning. Anyway, I talked to Ricky, the Level II coach there, and he said they have about 15 girls going to Sectionals, 4-5 of which will do RX WODs regardless of what WOD it is and others will go RX depending on which WOD. My advice to all you girls competing is that if you can do RX but have a ridiculously slow time, you should go for it. Chances are, you'll make it to regionals given the number that has signed up.

That being said, I have made my decision to not compete this year, despite many weeks on the fence. Originally, I was just apprehensive but I am in week 2 of my hip injury and it just isn't feeling better. Getting in and out of the car to drive requires some care. And even if my hip felt better in one week, it definitely won't be ready for heavy weights. I want my hip healed solid before working hard. I'm a little frustrated by this but believe it's the right decision.

Breakfast @ 6am: 2 fried eggs and 2 strips of bacon. A little bit of sunbutter. 1 espresso.
Snack @ 10am: Trio bar
Lunch @ noonish: Burrito/wrap thing with marinated chicken, lettuce, green peppers, salsa, guac. I had no choice but to eat the wrap. I peeled off whatever I could without the thing falling apart.
Snack @ 4pm: bag of almonds
Dinner @ 8pm: 1 cup of tomato basil parmesan soup. 5 (or 6?) butterflied spinach-stuffed shrimp with matchstick squash and carrots. Cream sauce (which I opted over some sweet-glazed protein). 6 oz of beer (three 2oz tasters at Upstream brewery)

2 comments:

  1. Would you consider volunteering with me? Don't get down about the decision, it was a hard decision for me too given how sick I've been and how different the training is than for my Denali expedition in May. Gotta do what's right for you in the long run and it looks like you thought it through. Plus, volunteering gives us all-access and insight into next year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Donna!
    We'll miss you!!!!! I think you did the right thing for your hip. There's only so much in life we can control, and getting hurt is just your body's way of saying "relax" for a bit....
    Maybe you and I can make sectionals our goal next year???? :=)

    ReplyDelete